tomatoes with crumbled blue cheese
June 1, 2015
I adore tomatoes with cheese. This recipe calls for a sun-ripened tomato with crumbles of creamy salty blue cheese and a splash of balsamic. Simple perfection.
SUMMER TOMATOES WITH CRUMBLED BLUE
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes of assorted colors, thickly sliced
- ¼ of a large red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces good-quality blue cheese (such as Point Reyes), coarsely crumbled
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Flaked sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Arrange the tomatoes on a serving platter. Scatter the onion slices over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle the tomatoes lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and cracked pepper and serve.